A revolution in consulting - fixed price workshops, coaching support and consultation
Sometimes our clients need bespoke support for an urgent, unique problem but sometimes what they need is a day (or half-day, or two-hour) workshop. This could be as part of a wider programme; to add that extra something to an in-house training event; or as a session at your in-house conference. Or maybe you need to pick the experts brain for an hour to ensure your in-house event is a success. Perhaps you need an 'expert voice' to back you up in a pitch to internal commissioners. Maybe you're looking to develop your skills as a manager and are looking for some remote coaching sessions in managing positively and appreciatively. What you need is a fixed price to bring in a renowned practitioner of Appreciative Inquiry and positive psychology change techniques like Sarah Lewis - author of Positive Psychology At Work, Appreciative Inquiry For Change Management and now also Positive Psychology And Change. We now offer a series of fixed price options anywhere in the UK*:
*Some options also available overseas
All prices shown here include all costs - travel, accommodation, materials - to run this event anywhere in the UK except for VAT. There's nothing else to pay.
2 HOUR WORKSHOPS - £899 (UK only)
- Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry
- Appreciative Inquiry and organisational change
- Appreciative Inquiry for coaching
- Use Appreciative Inquiry to help people stay focused and positive during times of uncertainty
- Appreciative Inquiry in action (Includes case study)
- An appreciative approach to organisational development
HALF DAY WORKSHOPS - £1199 (UK only)
- Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry
- Appreciative Inquiry and change
- Appreciative Inquiry and performance
- Appreciative Inquiry and courageous conversations
- Appreciative Inquiry and team development
- Appreciative Inquiry and innovation
- Appreciative Inquiry and leadership
FULL DAY WORKSHOPS - £1749 (UK only)
- Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry
- How to do an Appreciative Inquiry
- How to run a successful Appreciative Inquiry event
Can I commission a bespoke workshop from Sarah for my organisation/event? - yes, we do this all the time, please contact us.
'HOW CAN WE DO APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY IN HOUSE' - Half day £1200, Full day £1749 (UK only)
A face-to-face meeting with Sarah anywhere in the UK to introduce, discuss and explore Appreciative Inquiry as an appropriate methodology and approach for your organization. Include your team members. Prices inclusive of travel and accommodation anywhere in the UK, exclusive of VAT.
- You need an ‘expert voice’ to back up your proposal to internal commissioners
- You want to use Appreciative Inquiry but lack experience and want to ‘road test’ your ideas before going ahead
- You want a personalised and contextual introduction to Appreciative Inquiry for your whole team, as an informal discussion rather than as a training module
'PICK MY BRAINS' - ONE-OFF, ONE HOUR REMOTE COACHING SUPPORT - Price applicable depending on ongoing relationship (Worldwide)
A one-hour session by phone or Skype to move thinking forward. Ask Sarah about things like:
- How to apply positive psychology to a particular situation
- A particular event design challenge
- Advice and guidance on using a specific Appreciative Inquiry or positive psychology techniques
- Informed exploration of a specific challenging work situations
- Exploring how to ‘sell’ these approaches to your leaders or manager
Sarah Lewis - Leader in Appreciative Inquiry and positive psychology ways of working
So who is Sarah Lewis? She is the author of three influential books on these ways of working the newest of which, Positive Psychology And Change, which was published on the 22nd April.
In her own words
'I facilitate change and have done all my adult life, first as a social worker, then as a manager and for 20 years as a consultant. I facilitate change in people, teams and organizations. I do this through direct interventions, such as coaching, team or organisational development activity, and through education or knowledge sharing, such as through books, lectures and workshops. Helping people change their work lives or organisations for the better is what I do.
I approach change as a psychological process. I draw specifically on appreciative, positive and strengths-based approaches as I consistently find them to produce excellent results and to be inspiring, engaging and productive for people involved.'
Career and experience
Sarah is the Founder and Managing Director of Appreciating Change and has been for over 20 years, after leaving a career in social services. She works as a consultant for International and UK clients, helping them with organisational change. She also hosts regular well-received public masterclasses in Britain and abroad and presents at international and British conferences on positive psychology.
In her life outside of Appreciating Change Sarah has taught Organisational and Occupational Psychology at Birkbeck College, University of London and at the University of East London.
Sarah is also a member of leading professional bodies in the UK for consultant psychologists.
NOTE: If you have one of these sessions and then feel you need more ongoing support and commit to one of the 'sustained coaching support' packages below, we will take the session you've already had, and the cost of it, off your new package. If not we will invoice you at a rate of up to £450 for the session.
"Sarah is a very trustworthy colleague and a special pleasure to work with. We worked and work together in different contexts and circumstances. She is both experienced and creative, passionate and lucid; she holds an outstanding knowledge of positive psychology and strength based approaches and knows very well how to make use of it and develop capabilities in her clients and their organizations." - Mario Gastaldi, Managing Director, Across Digital
SUSTAINED COACHING SUPPORT (Worldwide)
- Series of 4 x 2 hour coaching sessions by phone or Skype £2999 - effectively 8 of the above remote coaching sessions for the price of 6.6 (bulk discount)
- Series of 6 x 2 hour coaching sessions by phone or Skype £4,1999 - effectively 12 of the above remote coaching sessions for the price of 9.3 (bulk discount)
- Skill development support in working in a positive and appreciative way
- Career development support in developing leadership skills
- Extended support in a particularly challenging situation
- Extended support for managing change
HELP WITH YOUR HOTSPOTS - Site visit to units/teams facing challenges, an immediate impact and boost in morale and suggestions for future efforts, £4,999 (UK only)
Sometimes even the best run organisations, departments or teams face a perfect storm of change (changing environments, direction, personnel, leaders). This can lead to a lack of co-ordination, shared common goals, communication and camaraderie and ultimately to a drop in morale and performance. For a flat fee of £4,999 Sarah will discuss the nature of the challenge you face by phone, travel to your premises for two days and using an conductAppreciative Inquiries with individuals and run a group event that will effect an immediate boost in morale and shared understanding. She will then send you a written report suggesting several impactful and sustainable ways in which you can carry on the momentum for positive change in the unit or team in question. We would of course be happy to deliver further interventions ourselves if you wanted to hire us to help you implement these changes, but there is absolutely no obligation for you to do so.
"I would particularly recommend Sarah to anyone who is interested in what Appreciative Inquiry and/or Positive Psychology have to offer, but concerned that the approach might be too ‘pink & fluffy’ for the target audience. The robustness of Sarah’s style...enable her to achieve results in territories where others fear to tread. Having hired Sarah’s expertise on several occasions, and attended training courses & conferences that she has run, I have witnessed Sarah handling both large and small groups with equal levels of ease and authenticity...As a client, I found Sarah’s attitude to be consistently enthusiastic, professional, committed, reliable, supportive and encouraging: a pleasure to work with" - Sharman Hague, Occupational Psychologist, Cornerstones